Slip and Fall Cases
There are many situations where someone has failed to keep their property reasonably safe and you have fallen and injured yourself. For example, cracked, broken, or icy sidewalks or parking lots. You may have slipped and fallen inside a store, residential or commercial building. If you have been the victim of a fall in someone's building or elsewhere, it may that the owner or responsible persons were negligent.
At Stayshyn Law Offices we recommend that you do the following immediately:
- Put the at fault party on notice and if the incident happened on city property, you must write to the city within seven days of the slip or fall and advise them of the accident and include your name, date of birth, and date, time and location of the incident.
- Take pictures of the scene.
- Measure and photograph the trip ledge or the hole.
- Get the contact details of any witnesses.
- Keep your footwear and do not use it again.
- Save any documents that prove you were at the location of the incident.
Be sure to contact one of our lawyers and we will make certain that any claim you may have is fully investigated and compensated fairly.
In Ontario there are a number of restrictions on when and how you can start a lawsuit.
Some of the timelines are very short, call us immediately to ensure your rights are protected and you do not miss any time frames or legal steps.
Don't worry about talking to us—your initial consultation with a lawyer in our office or at your home is free.