Skip to main content

I was injured in a car accident and unable to return to work, how do I pay my bills?

May 30, 2011 / Category: Motor Vehicle Accidents

An injured person is entitled to receive weekly income replacement benefits, if they are not able to work as a result of accident related injuries.  The eligibility, amount and duration of these benefits depend on a number of factors.  The maximum that can be received is $400.00 per week unless optional coverage was purchased and if it was the maximum a person can receive from his or her auto insurance company is $1,000.00 per week.

Even if you are able to return to work soon after the accident but at reduced hours or reduced income, you may continue to be entitled to Income Replacement Benefits.  You must still continue to request and pursue income replacement benefits.  The system set up for wage compensation is complex and even more complex for a self employed person, let our team of experience personal injury lawyers and law clerks make the process simple and fast.

Call Malhotra, Stayshyn and Wilson to have a free consultation with our personal injury legal team of lawyers today so that we may help guide you through the many mine fields that an injured victim will face in any injury case.