Skip to main content

Is it true that I must collect from my collateral benefits before I can receive benefits from my automobile insurance company for medical help with injuries sustained in a car accident?

June 27, 2011 / Category: Motor Vehicle Accidents

Yes, you must first exhaust your own private insurance benefits that are available to you through your work or your spouses work before you are entitled to make claims for medical assistance through your auto insurance. For example, if you are entitled to $500 of physiotherapy through your work benefits you must first deplete this $500 before you can receive assistance from your insurance company for physiotherapy. If you fail to pursue your private insurance coverage it can have a negative impact on your entire case and therefore having an experience personal injury guide you through this process is essential.

Call Stayshyn Law Offices to have a free consultation with our personal injury legal team of lawyers today so that we may help guide you through the many mine fields that an injured victim will face in any injury case.