What to do if you are involved in a Motor Vehicle Accident
April 10, 2019 / Category: Motor Vehicle Accidents
It is important to know your rights if you are injured in an automobile accident, and the professionals the Stayshyn Law Offices are your best source to navigate you through a critical and complex process.
Our firm serves all of Southern Ontario from our head office located on King Street East in the City of Hamilton and meet clients at our satellite office in Cayuga, providing professional service to get you the highest compensation and the best healthcare treatment.
If you are injured in a car accident, depending on the severity of your injuries, the immediate steps you or someone on your behalf should take are:
- Call the police or go to the collision reporting centre, if a police officer does not attend the scene of the accident;
- Report the accident to your insurance company;
- Seek medical attention (depending on your injuries you may need to do this first);
- Call the experienced injury and disability lawyers at Stayshyn Law Offices for a free initial consultation with one of our expert lawyers.
“Seeking medical attention and obtaining the proper treatment is imperative,” according to the experts at Stayshyn Law Offices. Equally important, however, is ensuring that you do not compromise any rights to benefits the you may have available to you.
Timelines can be very short, within one month of your motor vehicle accident, you must take the important next steps and complete a number of forms from your insurance company relating to your injury status, employment status and income, along with the medical treatment you may need. You will need to have your physician and employer complete forms to verify your current status as a result of the car accident. Before you do, you should meet with one of our expert lawyers here at Stayshyn Law Offices so that you understand all the questions being asked of you by your physician and employer and how the answers you provide to your insurance company may affect your rights to benefits. We highly recommend you see a lawyer before you sign any insurance forms or make any statements about your health, ability to return to work or if you are able to perform your daily activities. Initial consultation with our lawyers is free!
It is very important that you seek a legal consultation before completing these forms as benefits may be denied to you or you may be categorized in the minor injury guideline, which will seriously limit the amount of treatment expenses that are available to you. For example, if you are placed into the minor injury guideline you will only be entitled to $3,500.00 for any treatment you may require and the typical treatment plan for physiotherapy may cost you between $2000.00 and $3000.00 leaving you with very little left over for any further treatment you may require and/or what is recommended by your treatment provider.
If your insurance company denies a benefit to you, you only have two (2) years in which to dispute that denial. We highly recommend you consult with our office so that we may assist you in your fight for access to any denied benefits. Don’t wait to get informed of your rights, book your free consultation with Stayshyn Law Offices, as soon as possible.
When you choose Stayshyn Law Offices as your personal injury lawyers, you get experience you can trust and timely results you will appreciate. Our team offers a unique perspective and has an exceptional record for outstanding results. There are many practical incentives that make Stayshyn Law Offices a natural choice as your personal injury firm:
- No legal fees unless you win
- No obligation free initial consultation
- Our lawyers will come to your home or hospital room, if necessary
- Free parking available for all clients and consultations
- Our team and staff will get you the best medical care
- Friendly lawyers and legal support staff that are here to help you
- Our lawyers and staff will help you assist you in completing all insurance forms
- Our firm has successfully settled millions of dollars worth of injury claims
Call us today and get your life back on track! Call 905-777-0070 and speak to one of our qualified legal support team members to book your free initial consultation.