What to do if you get into a car accident
Thursday, June 6, 2013
It's important to know your rights if you are injured in an automobile accident, and the professionals at the Law Firm of Stayshyn Law Offices are your best source to navigate you through a critical and complex process.
The firm serves all of Southern Ontario from its head office on King Street West in the City of Hamilton, providing professional services to get you the highest compensation and best healthcare treatment.
If you are injured a car accident, depending on the severity of your injuries, the immediate steps you, or someone on your behalf, should take are:
- Call the police or go to the collision reporting centre if a police officer does not attend the scene of the accident
- Report the accident to your insurance company
- Seek medical attention (depending on the severity of your injuries, you may need to do this first)
- Call the experienced injury and disability lawyers at the Law Firm of Stayshyn Law Offices. You can meet with one of their expert injury lawyers for free! THERE IS NO FEE UNLESS YOU WIN YOUR CASE!
Seeking medical attention and obtaining the proper treatment is imperative, according to the experts at Stayshyn Law Offices. Equally important, however, is ensuring that you do not compromise any rights to benefits that you may have.
Another step you need to take, includes: Within one month of your motor vehicle accident, you must fill out and provide to your insurance company a number of forms relating to your injury status, your employment status and income, as well as any need for treatment. This means you will have to take forms to your family doctor and to your employer for completion. Before you do, you meet with a lawyer at Stayshyn Law Offices so that you understand all the questions being asked of you by your physician and employer, and learn how the answers you provide may affect your rights to benefits. Be sure to see a lawyer before you sign any of these insurance forms, or make any statements about your health or your ability to return to work or your daily activities. The first consultation is free.
It is very important that you seek a legal consultation before completing these forms as benefits may be denied to you, or you may be categorized in a minor injury guideline “which seriously limits the amount of treatment expenses that are available to you to only $3,500. As an example only, one treatment plan for physiotherapy may cost between $2,000 and $3,000, leaving you with only $500 for any further treatment you may require and is recommended by your treatment provider.”
If your insurance company denies a benefit to you, you have only two years in which to dispute that denial. “We highly recommend you consult with our offices so that we may assist you in your fight for access to the denied benefits,” point out the experts at Stayshyn Law Offices. Don't wait to get informed of your rights, see a lawyer at our offices as soon as possible.
When you choose the Stayshyn Law Offices as your personal injury lawyers, you get experience you can trust and results you will appreciate. The team offers a unique perspective, and has an exceptional record for outstanding results. There are many practical incentives that make Stayshyn Law Offices a natural choice as your personal injury law firm:
- No legal fees unless you win!
- No obligation free consultations
- The firm will come to your home or hospital room
- Free parking is offered to all clients
- The team and staff will get you the best medical care
- The lawyers and staff will help you complete the multitude of insurance forms
- The firm has successfully settled millions of dollars worth of injury claims